Calling all Symposiasts and well-wishers – we need your help!
CHANGE THE CONVERSATION| EXPAND THE TABLE | IMPROVE THE PLATE
The Oxford Symposium on Food & Cookery is an annual gathering at St Catherine’s College in Oxford. With inspiring speakers, papers and food on the table we enable and stimulate an ever-expanding worldwide discussion about food and cookery.
We are asking for your donations to support our vital outreach programmes that broaden access to our gathering and uses the rich resources created at the symposium to broaden the worldwide discussion about food.
Our outreach programme currently includes:
• Providing up to 30 discounted student places.
• Sponsoring up to four young chefs to attend the Symposium, working in the kitchens and attending paper presentations and lectures.
• Providing student research grants, awards for best student and first-time presenters and a rising scholar award.
• Digitizing the Symposium proceedings: all proceedings are freely available on Google Books three years after publication.
• Filming plenary sessions, freely available on YouTube following the Symposium.
• Creating Ox Tales: our professionally produced podcasts, which take one paper given at the Symposium and bring in its author to help us tell their story.
How you can help
Support our educational aims and help facilitate our outreach programmes by making a donation of £20 or more to earn a beautiful neat lapel-badge with Jake Tilson’s elegant Symposium logo.
Of course, you’re more than welcome to donate under £20 without a badge – no donation is too small.
Wearing your badge will signal your place in a community of like-minded people and prompt many more inspirational discussions and connections.
Support our educational aims and help facilitate our outreach programmes by making a donation. We welcome donations of any amount.
So please donate as much as you can, wear your badge with pride and spread the message wherever you go. As co-habitees of our vulnerable planet, we need to talk.
If you are a UK taxpayer, your donation will qualify for Gift Aid, which will benefit the Symposium even more.
The American Friends of the Oxford Symposium on Food and Cookery is a tax-exempt U.S. foundation organized to promote the Symposium and its aims in the United States.
The American Friends of the Oxford Symposium on Food and Cookery administers the OFS Rising Scholar Award, which supports food research by young scholars and the Julia Child Foundation Grant for students.
The American Friends’ directors are:
- Doug Duda, president
- Cathy Kaufman, secretary
- Katherine McIver, treasurer
- Bruce Kraig
To make a U.S. tax-deductible donation to the American Friends, or to express interest in contributing time or other support, please email or write to:
The American Friends of the Oxford Symposium on Food and Cookery
c/o Cathy Kaufman
718 Broadway 10A
New York NY 10003