Oxford Symposium on Food and Cookery (OFS) as educational providers boast an extensive range of high-quality gatherings on the topic both in person and virtually. All of our educational symposiums go beyond any ordinary hosting of an event as the symposium brings together up to 250 international scholars, journalists, chefs, scientists, sociologists, anthrolopogists—and even committed amateurs—among others, for a serious discussion about the topic at hand.
Presenting papers is a vital part of what we do.
As the ‘OFS’ allows an open dialogue between people from a variety of backgrounds and degrees of knowledge to share a common passion and attendees include writers, academics, cooks, independent scholars, and enthusiasts – we believe many people who join us at this symposium will benefit greatly from the educational talks and activities that take place.
Terms and Conditions
As a not-for-profit organisation, our sole mission statement is to enhance knowledge and to educate food and drink enthusiasts globally. On that basis, we do not distribute any income generated from the fees raised and any income received from the supplies of such educational events are used solely for the continuation or improvement of such supplies.
As part of the fees paid to attend the symposium, you will receive the following educational and other closely related benefits to better enhance your experience which are exclusive to fee payers.
– Enhanced instruction or study on educational content related to Food and Drink as per the event details and not just a general discussion.
– Opportunity to discuss topic matters with educational experts in attendance.
– Talks relating to the topic in question presented by authors, either in person at a symposium, or at an online virtual symposium.
– Topic content papers are made available to attendees before the event, and constructive comments made during the sessions act as a peer review process, with learnings incorporated into the final version of the paper which is then published in the Proceedings of the Oxford Symposium for the year.
– Accommodation provided at cost.
– Catering provided at cost.
– No additional goods or services will be supplied to attendees not relating to the educational topic in question including car parking, venue hire etc.
Cancellation and Refund policy:
If you change your mind about your purchase to a symposium, you are entitled to a full refund if you cancel within 14 days of the date of your purchase. After that date we will apply a 30% cancellation fee to your refund to cover our administrative costs. No refunds are possible within 7 days of a kitchen table event or 28 days of a symposium.
We provide our educational services to the utmost standards. If we don’t meet the quality level you expect, you agree to tell us and we’ll work with you to try to resolve the issue.
Photographic reproductions incorporated into website design have been provided by Nanna Rögnvaldardóttir and Jake Tilson. On the Community Workshop, they have been provided by the individual symposiasts and all rights remain with those individuals. These are not licensed for gain, commercial or public use, or any use in the public domain outside this website. We did our best to identify all sources. If you have queries or amendments please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org